Sunday, April 13, 2014

Hop-py Easter -- Doodlebug Papers

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are people who reshape the world by force or argument, but the cat just lies there, dozing; and the world quietly reshapes itself to suit his comfort and convenience.
                                                                     --- Allen and Ivy Dodd
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Hi, Friends.....

Here I am grounded with an injured hip, so I am making cards.  Might as well make the best of things, right?  :)   I usually do not make Easter cards with Easter bunnies and chickies, etc but I had two items I was just hopping up and down excited to try out....and I couldn't resist!!  Well, I wasn't literally hopping up and down.....you know, cuz of my hip.  Ha.

1.  Doodlebug Designs adorable Springtime collection that I won from them.
     (THANKS, Doodlebug!!!)
     [By the way, Doodlebug has a GIVEAWAY going on right now through Noon MDT April 19.  
     You could win the way-beyond-cute Hip Hip Hooray collection they are featuring!!!]

2.  A thrift store find of vellum Easter image designs.

The vellum Easter images give a soft dreamy look.

I put the vellum images through my Xyron sticker makers (1" or 3", depending on size of piece) and layered them over each other on the white cardstock to give some dimension to my scene.  I had to put some pieces of white paper behind the layered parts so the parts behind didn't show through the translucent vellum.

For the watercolor background, I swiped my waterbrush across a pink watercolor pencil and then applied it to the paper.  I made a slit in the bunny's paw for the straw and glued on a little brown insert I watercolored for the "inside" of the paw.  Next I mounted the image onto some DCWV green glitter cardstock and put that over my two panels of Doodlebug Springtime collection paper separated by washi from my stash.

Next I added the festive Easter flag and pixie straw (also from Doodlebug Springtime) to the bunny's paw and finished the card with some pretty enamel dots from Doodlebug and a shimmery sheer bow from thrift store ribbon.

Cute, isn't it?  I think my little 3 year old granddaughter will enjoy getting this with her Easter goodies.  <3

Hope you are enjoying your weekend and getting all your preparations made for Easter.  I am praying my hip will be better so I can participate fully in the Sunrise service and other special things during the week leading up to Resurrection Day.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.     John 3:16
<3
Janis

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1.  Pumpkin Spice Challenge #67 - Easter
2.  Love to Create Challenge #110 Anything Goes for Kids 
3.  Crafting with Dragonflies Challenge #23:  Easter - Card or Anything 
4.  OLLCB Challenge #153 - For a Child  
5.  Divas by Design Challenge - Easter/Spring 

7 comments:

  1. Aww this is really sweet Janis… I love the cute image and the pretty papers… gorgeous colours! :-)
    Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week!
    Hugs Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Easter card! Thank you for joining our Anything Goes for Kids Challenge at Love to Create this week.
    Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thrifty and cute - a great combo at any time! Love the flag waving bunny. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting with Dragongflies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very cute, thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely colours and that image is gorgeous. Thank you for joining in at Crafting with Dragonflies.
    Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Janis! This card is gorgeous!! I love all the detail you put into it all the way down to cutting a slit so the bunny's hand is holding the flag! So cute!

    I hope your hip is starting to feel better!

    I wanted to thank you (even though I'm a couple of weeks late!) for stopping by and leaving your sweet comments during my Growing In Unity Week. It meant so much to me that you took the time to visit!!

    Amy E
    Scrapthissavethat.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet of you to stop by! Thank you for your kind comment. My hip is MUCH better and I am so grateful.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis