Thursday, February 23, 2017

Bright Rainbow Stenciling - Winnie & Walter



Hi, Friends.....

Ugh.....have any of you been hit by the stomach viruses or late winter colds that have been going around? I got them both in succession! (At least it wasn't at the same time!!) So my card-making enthusiasm got put on hold for a week or so. But I am baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!
(...albeit with boxes of Kleenexes within grabbing distance all over my house!!)

I am here with another card in vibrant colors that I made for the big Winnie & Walter - 3rd Birthday Bash celebration over on their blog!!! Not only do they have a GIGANTIC giveaway, but they have 10 different challenges that you can play along with.....including a chance at a big Guest Star slot, if you participate with at least 4 different cards starring their products!! (See their blog post for details on that.) Winnie & Walter challenges are among my favorites anywhere in the papercrafting blogosphere. I hope you will join me in wishing Shay and everyone at W&W a Happy 3rd Birthday and play along with the challenges!!!

For my card today, I used a background I had triiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiied to make for a previous W&W Challenge last year with rainbows as the theme. I had the "bright" idea of attempting to mask and mist my Winnie & Walter - Scenery: Multi-Faceted Creative Screenings with a rainbow array of mists and inks. It did NOT turned out the way I had hoped and this garishly bright stenciled background went directly into my reject pile. (You can see why, right?!!! lol....) It had languished there for months and while I was sick this week I decided to embrace the arty imperfections of this piece and try to reclaim it for the W&W - Bright Colors Challenge. (I must have been delirious!!!!)


Don't ask me why I can't seem to take a focused photo!!!  Maybe that's how my eyeballs are seeing with this virus and my camera has caught the same bug!!  Eeek!  (You have heard of a camera bug before, haven't you????? lol....)

There are some happy things about my card:
1. I don't have this untamed thing staring at my from my reject pile anymore.
2. I got to use some WONDERFUL W&W products: Winnie & Walter - Sketchy Thoughts stamp set, Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set (which are all new to me!!), in addition to my Winnie & Walter - Scenery: Multi-Faceted Creative Screenings stencil and some sequins tossed in as a sweet surprise in my latest package from W&W!!
3. I got to participate in the Winnie & Walter - 3rd Birthday Bash celebration challenges.
4. Maybe I brought a smile to your face, too!! :)

Thank you so much for stopping by. I have another "reject pile reclamation project" to share with you in a little while, so stayed tuned!!! (Same batty blogger, same batty blog!!!)
<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter - Stencil Challenge with Kelly
2. Winnie & Walter - Sequins Challenge with Kate
3. Winnie & Walter - Three Challenge with Shay (I used clusters of three sequins.)
4. Winnie & Walter - Bright Colours with Lydia
5. Mod Squad - Geometric
6. Allsorts Challenge - Anything Goes
7. Words 2 Craft By Challenge #38 - Celebrations

8. CARDZ TV - Anything Goes Designers Challenge #3
9. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
10. Simon Says Stamp Work-it-Wednesday Challenge - Use Something New (I used my new W&W products!)

13 comments:

  1. Wow, such a colorful and bright card and your geometric shapes are perfect for our challenge this week! Don't you love it when you can make something from your "pile"! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! love this colorful and cheerful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you have been 'under the weather' and I'm glad to hear you are making a recovery :-)
    I love the vibrant colours on this piece.... you have inspired me to get out some paints and have a splash around (that's what bright colours do for me LoL).
    Have a great day and get better soon. xxxx
    p.s. greeeeeat kitty meme x hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually Janis, I really like this fun rainbow card..it reminds me of tie-dyed tee-shirts that I made for my kids back in the day. You corraled all that color and pattern perfectly with the black card base and black tag. Keeping the sentiment tag simple allowed the energetic background to just shine! So glad you're feeling better and back to your inking and stamping again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and that cat meme with the booby trap....haha!! I just burst out laughing when I saw this and startled my poor dog, Toby, in the other room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another real stunner in beautifully vibrant colours many thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janis, I hope you are beginning to feel better? I had the cold for 2 months! AND I mean a COLD! UGH! So I feel for you. Luckily I had the flu shot and avoided that one!
    Your card turned out great. I guess sometimes we need to look at the "scrap pile" from a different perspective! Artsy is good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you a speedy recovery!! (And your camera bug, too. Too funny!) Nice bold background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im sorry you had been not well.
    your card is so nice!
    hugs , Fiki
    My Little Shop-Crafty Kitty Cat Shop
    ≽ܫ≼

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janis, I'm so glad you reclaimed this bold background because it made for a fun, fun card! Thanks so much for joining our Mardi-Gras-inspired Celebration Challenge over at Words 2 Craft By... and I hope you're feeling lots better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous, so bright and colourful
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really vibrant colors for a cheery card! Thanks for sharing with Words 2 Craft By!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis