Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Season of Sweetness


Hi, Friends.....

I am back with the "companion" card to my Baking Buddies one I posted HERE, with those fun Flappers in the Kitchen.

This time I turned them into Christmas bakers and used a different sentiment from the set. Of course, that meant I needed to turn the layer cake the one is carrying into a fruitcake, too. YUM!!....I LOVE fruitcake....esp when it is full of pecans! (Please tell me that I am not the ONLY person in the world that actually likes it!!) I used gel pens for minimal coloring on the flappers, but I still gave my fruitcake the rich hues of the season. I used scraps for all the panels on my card...YAY!!


Supplies used include:
Flapper Doodle - Flappers in the Kitchen stamp set
Versafine Ink in Onyx Black
Clear embossing powder
Lawn Fawn - Large Stitched Rectangles die set
Gel pens for coloring

Hope you enjoyed this simple layered card. Sometimes it is nice to just let the layers speak for themselves and not have too many adornments. You can achieve a clean look without it looking too plain and barren. Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #369 - AG Christmas + opt. Use a Sentiment
2. Fashionable Stamping Challenge #131 - Anything Goes
3. Word Art Wednesday #318-319 - AG
4. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #31
5. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Add a Sentiment
6. Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - January
7. Joy Clair Dec/Jan Challenge - Anything Goes (can use inspiration board)

 

11 comments:

  1. I don't like fruitcake but I do like pecans! I like both of your cards too! The flappers are so cute and retro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and that really looks like fruitcake. I have had some fruitcake I like and others not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet card Janis. As I said yesterday, this reminds me of my sister & I, well todays card really NAILED it BECAUSE what I didn't say yesterday is that we only do this baking thing once a year and it is a day of Christmas baking. When I saw the wooden spoon that one of the gals is holding it reminded me of the time my sister forgot to take the wooden spoon out of the bowl before melting something in the microwave. When I opened the door and saw the handle had a "C shaped" curve to it we nearly peed ourselves with laughter.
    As for the fruitcake thing, I L♡VE it too and I have my great Aunts recipe and it is DELICIOUS! I will send it to you if you like to make them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. TERESA....I would love to have your Aunt's recipe!! Oh, yum! What a great story abt you and your sis baking together....hahaha!!!
    Thank you so much for your comments!!

    <3
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. so funny that cat postpone world takni over :D
    your card is so nice!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fun card !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh...I just love your Christmas card version of these flappers in the kitchen!!! The fruitcake is so cute..and looks so yummy. Yes, I am also a fan of fruitcake, as long as it has enough nuts and moist cake in between the candied fruits. That patterned paper and the sentiment couldn't be more perfect. Of course, now you've got me craving fruitcake..haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card - love that digi!

    Thanks for joining us at the Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love fruitcake! Your card is just adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenge. I hope you will join us again, soon.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis